A real approach to comprehensive wellness
Our Living Easy, Living Well Lifestyle and Wellness Program is purposely designed to bring true life enrichment
The World Health Organization defines wellness as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity.” At United Methodist Village, we embrace that definition with an understanding that all our residents benefit from a comprehensive approach to wellness, including specific focuses in the following areas:
- Physical – Combining physical activity/exercise and healthy eating habits to create optimum wellness.
- Health – Achieving the highest quality of life possible through the aging cycle.
- Vocational – Defining and achieving personal interests through meaningful activities.
- Spiritual – Gaining a sense of purpose, direction, awareness, and meaning to life determined by values and beliefs.
- Emotional – Feeling at peace inside and out by establishing and maintaining positive personal and social relationships.
- Social – Using effective communication skills, having meaningful relationships and creating a support system that includes family members and friends.
- Intellectual – Stimulating creative and mental activities.
- Environmental – Taking responsibility with managing the planet’s resources, leaving a smaller footprint, setting an example and providing a legacy.